In this week’s weekly news roundup for Riverside, Leslieville, Riverdale and Danforth: Paula Fletcher officially enters the race for ward 30 city councillor.
- Councillor Paula Fletcher running for re-election in Ward 30 (Inside Toronto)
- Toronto council races too long, council veterans say
Food and Drink
- Shared workspace and cafe opens in Little India (Blog TO)
- Introducing: Mr. Ciao, a new Italian restaurant on Gerrard from the owners of AAA Bar (Toronto Life)
- Introducing: Tilde, the taqueria it took a neighbourhood to build (in exchange for tacos) (Toronto Life)
- Toronto Restaurant Openings: Pulp Kitchen Danforth (Blog TO)
- Danforth Thrill of the Grill fundraises for kidney cancer research at Sunnybrook (Inside Toronto)
- Toronto’s Old Don Jail grounds to get new life, new name (Toronto Star)
- Samuel Edwards Park? Help name the green space at the Don Jail (Global)
- Veg-Fest launches at Leslieville market (Inside Toronto)
- 6th suspect arrest in 2012 Leslieville murder (City)
- Leslieville Gallery Crawl set for July 20 (Inside Toronto)
Do you have comments about any of this weeks news? Did we miss any big stories! Let us know!