In this this week’s weekly news roundup for Riverside, Leslieville, Riverdale and Danforth: Don River Flooding, Greece moves on in World Cup, Bank Robber wanted and more.
Don River Flooding
- DVP floods, kayakers rescued after torrential rainfall wreaks havoc on Toronto roads, rivers (Toronto Star)
- Don River overflows, subway floods in Toronto (BlogTO)
- City recovers from heavy flooding (CBC)
- EVENT: Sat, June 28 – A Bicycle Tour from Todmorden Mills to Lake Ontario (Biking Toronto)
- Neighbours Together on Canada Day celebration at Riverdale Park East (Inside Toronto)
- Time for Uber-SWAP used and vintage clothing sale (Inside Toronto)
World Cup on the Danforth
- WORLD CUP: Huge game for Greece against Ivory Coast this afternoon (Inside Toronto)
- WORLD CUP: Fans on Danforth expected for Greece’s first Round-of-16 appearance Sunday (Inside Toronto)
- Armed robbery suspect wanted by police (Inside Toronto)
- Toronto police urge caution after woman sexually assaulted in Leslieville (Inside Toronto)
- Building a neighbourhood with every home (Toronto Star)
- Lighting up Bloor viaduct to cost more than $4.5 million (Toronto Star)
Do you have comments about any of this weeks news? Did we miss any big stories! Let us know!