This Friday, Saturday, and Sunday is Jane’s walk! Jane’s walk is a collection of volunteer lead neighbourhood walks inspired by the urban thinker Jane Jacobs. Taking in a walk is a great way to learn more about the neighbourhood while getting to know your neighbours. The weather is looking good for the weekend consider getting out your walking shoes and enjoying one of these walks taking place in our neighbourhood:
- Before the Bridge: Todmorden, Chester and the Danforth in the 1890s
- Assessing the “fitness” of our public spaces
- Power, People & Possibilities: Social and Environmental Justice in South Riverdale, Leslieville and Riverside.
- Wild Plant Medicine in Riverside
- 21 Don Roadway: the former Unilever factory redevelopment
- Complete Streets: the policies and designs that make Toronto’s streets
- East Danforth East – A Culinary Walking Tour